Notes and Conditions
- The Indigenous Student Bursary is a 10% tuition bursary. Students receiving this bursary will be responsible for remaining tuition fees and other non-tuition fees as required.
- This bursary is only available to Indigenous identifying students.
- To be eligible for this bursary students must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- This bursary cannot be received in conjunction with any other bursaries offered by Beal University Canada.
- Beal University Canada requires one of the following documents as proof of Indigenous ancestry:
1. Written Documentation
- A certified copy of an Indian status card.
- A certified copy of a Nation citizenship card; or a valid membership card from one of the settlements.
- A certified copy of an enrolment card issued by any of the modern treaty bodies.
- Written confirmation of membership/enrolment from a US or Canadian federally recognized band/tribal authority.
- Written confirmation of Indigenous identity by a local, council or education authority within the homeland recognized by their National Council.
2. Candidate Self-Declaration
- If a candidate does not possess proof of the documentation listed in 1. Written Documentation, they must submit a statement about their existing lived experiences and ongoing relationship to a legally recognized and inherent Indigenous community, Nation, or People. This includes specific information about the First Nation community such as their treaty, , land claim, and territory or region.